ACAI and it’s health benefits and pit falls
- Acai berry had high levels of antioxidents
- disease preventing properties
- scientific studies claim it to be high in anti- ageing benefits being excellent in anti- inflammatories
- High in Oleic Acid and Linoleic Acid both fatty acids that cut cholesterol and help prevent skin dryness
- High in fibre
- High in mineral content (magnesium, copper, iron, potassium) that control blood pressure
- Acai speeds up your metabolism being optimal for weight loss
PIT FALLS of ACAI
Do not eat this everyday – It is a once/ twice a week option –
- It contains high levels of sulphates (berries) which can cause headaches
- Also has high level of natural sugar which are hidden weight gainers.
Like every food option BALANCE is key
b. homemade version of the ACAI bowl
1 cup frozen berries
1 small frozen Acai sachet (I actually only use half)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup oats
- Blend all ingredients together
- Serve with extra frozen berries and fresh strawberries
- Option to add – yogurt/ granola to top
One thought on “b. ACAI bowl”
this looks absolutely heavenly!!
Comments are closed.